katsurashareware.com Forum Index katsurashareware.com
shareware for creative Mac OS X users

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to load default ProLevel file upon startup?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    katsurashareware.com Forum Index -> ProPhase/ProLevel Community
View previous topic :: View next topic  
audiodane

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: How to load default ProLevel file upon startup? Reply with quote

Hello!

Accolades first:
I've only been using ProLevel literally for about TEN MINUTES, and love it already. It's exactly what I've been looking for-- namely a small, uncluttered window showing the peak & rms level of an audio input. I am using it in the sound booth of our children's ministry at our church so that each week we can ensure a consistent sound level regardless of who's behind the wheel. While many churches may use a physical meter (that requires batteries, turning it on and off, and having it back in the sound booth itself), I have a Shure X2u XLR-to-USB adapter (with Phantom Power) connected to a Behringer ECM8000 measurement mic (same one I have used for half a dozen years with Room EQ Wizard to balance my and friends' home theater rooms), and I'm able to hang it from the ceiling directly above the audience to get a much better idea of how loud it is where they are actually sitting. Fantastic!

Now my situation and question-- I have setup a window, sized it, positioned it, named it, and saved the setting in a file. I have also right-clicked the application in the Dock and enabled "Open at Login" so that when the iMac is turned on ProLevel will automatically open up. However, when it automatically opens up (testing by Cmd-Q'ing ProLevel then opening it fresh from the dock), I cannot figure a way to force it to load the created/saved configuration file automatically upon startup. I don't want the sound booth operators to have to click a bunch of things to load the saved file and close the "default" blank file that comes up.

Is there something simple that I'm overlooking to accomplish this? If not, could such a feature be added quickly and easily?

thanks so much!
..dane
audiodane

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solution: Don't have ProLevel startup at login, have the saved ProLevel settings file startup at login.

Works like a champ!

Thanks katsura!
..dane
sajjad122

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Accolades first:
I've only been using ProLevel literally for about TEN MINUTES, and love it already. It's exactly what I've been looking for-- namely a small, uncluttered window showing the peak & rms level of an audio input. I am using it in the sound booth of our children's ministry at our church so that each week we can ensure a consistent sound level regardless of who's behind the wheel. While many churches may use a physical meter (that requires batteries, turning it on and off, and having it back in the sound booth itself), I have a Shure X2u XLR-
http://www.solitairewithbuddies.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    katsurashareware.com Forum Index -> ProPhase/ProLevel Community All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: